GoDaddy Promo Codes 2019
Planning on a GoDaddy purchase for your next big website project? Why not save a few bucks with GoDaddy promo codes? After all, who doesn’t want to save some money? GoDaddy is one of the most famous web hosting as well as domain registration services in the world, serving hundreds and thousands of business – big and small – to maintain an online footprint. Yes, the world has gone digital and GoDaddy is playing its part to keep it that way.
CJCRMN35 – Save 35% off your order
CJC1OFF30 – Save 30% off your order
GoDaddy – A Quick Overview of the Company
A Quick History of GoDaddy
Founded in the year 1997, the company started off as Jomax Technologies. It was founded by Baltimore, Maryland based entrepreneur named Bob Parsons. In 1999, the name was changed to ‘Go Daddy’. The branding was changed to ‘GoDaddy’ in 2006. The company was eventually incorporated as GoDaddy Inc. on May 28, 2014.
- Headquarters: Scottsdale, Arizona, U.S.
- Chairman: Charles Robel
- CEO: Scott W. Wagner
- Revenue in 2017: USD 2,231.9 Million
- Employees: 6,000
- Publicly traded in NASDAQ as GDDY
Near-cosmic Growth of GoDaddy
- In 2001, an American company named Network Solutions lost its hegemony of being the only domain registrar. GoDaddy came into the scene and very soon, became as big as other competitors like eNom and Dotster.
- Fast-forward 4 years and GoDaddy emerged as world’s largest registrar of domains. It was accredited by ICANN.
- Now, in 2018, GoDaddy is the largest web host in the world in terms of market share.
Acquisitions by GoDaddy
GoDaddy has a long history of acquisitions. Yes, since 2012, the company has indulged into an acquisition spree. Here is a quick list of acquisitions by GoDaddy (you will be surprised):
|Year of Acquisition||Month of Acquisition||Company Acquired|
|2013||September||Afternic (a domain marketplace owned by NameMedia)|
|2014||July||Canary (a smart calendar service)|
|2014||August||Mad Mimi (email marketing service)|
|2015||April||Domain portfolio of Marchex|
|2015||November||Domain portfolio of Worldwide Media|
|2016||May||FreedomVoice (cloud-based VOIP phone systems)|
|2016||December||Host Europe Group|
|2018||January||Main Street Hub|
GoDaddy Coupons – A Smart Way to Save Money
Creating a website and then hosting it comes with some recurring costs. What costs? Let us take a sneak peek into the four main costs.
First cost: Domain Registration cost. This is a recurring cost that you need to pay year after year. If you are lucky, you might get it registered for free for the first year. This luck comes in form of a special offer usually for first-time customers. Many hosting companies provide this.
Second cost: A hosting plan. Come on! You cannot keep your website on your computer. It needs to be kept on a server that can connect to the internet. Buying a whole server is nothing but a fool’s errand. So, the best way out is to purchase a hosting plan with a web host. You can host your website on the server owned by a web hosting company. You need to make a monthly payment for using that server space. There is no such thing called ‘FREE’ in this case. You NEED TO pay.
Third cost: This is the cost of making your website ready. For instance, you need to hire a coder who can code your website in your preferred coding language. In case you are using WordPress, you can get the code for free but you may have to shell out a few bucks to get a nice theme that is fast and adapts well to every screen size. This is not a recurring cost though.
Fourth cost: If you cannot write content on your own, you need to hire some writers who will do that for you against a certain price. This again can be a recurring cost depending on the nature of the content.
So, there are a lot of costs and you need to pay them all. Then comes the dreadful SSL certificate cost, CDN cost and more!
Now answer this…
What is the harm in saving a few bucks when you purchase a domain name and a hosting plan?
A GoDaddy promo code is the best way to say some money in case you plan on purchasing them for that company.
What really is a GoDaddy promo code?
A GoDaddy discount coupon is basically a piece of code. When you purchase a product or two from the company and hit the checkout button, you will get a special place where you can type in that code and hit the enter button on your keyboard.
The code will apply a certain percentage discount on the overall price that you need to pay. Here are some interesting features of these promo codes from GoDaddy:
- Each promo code has a predefined discount percentage. It can be 10%, 25%, 30% etc. That percentage discount is determined by GoDaddy.
- Each coupon can be applied only once by one user (having a registered email ID with the company).
- Each promo code has an expiration time. Yes, these coupons are limited-time discount offers and hence, they will not continue indefinitely.
- These coupons can be withdrawn by GoDaddy anytime they way without any notice.
How to use coupons from GoDaddy?
Using coupons from GoDaddy is a fairly simple affair. You simply need to follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Decide which product you need to buy.
Step 2: Find a relevant promo code from here. Click and copy the code.
Step 3: Visit the GoDaddy website and log in to your account (or register a new account).
Step 4: Select the product you want and add it to your shopping cart. Once the product or multiple products are added, proceed to the checkout page.
Step 5: On the checkout page, paste the coupon code that you copied earlier (in Step 2) and hit the ‘Apply’ button.
Once you complete the 5th step, the discount percentage will be applied and the discount will be applied to your total billing amount. Now simply process to authorize the transaction. That’s all! Isn’t that simple?
Why should you use coupon codes from GoDaddy?
Well, the answer to this question is a simple one! SAVE MONEY! When you make a purchase for the first time, these coupon codes can give a decent saving. Don’t forget that GoDaddy also offers coupons for existing users. So, you can save some money during renewal or new purchases as well.
Here are a few nifty tricks that you should keep up your sleeves every time you make a purchase with GoDaddy:
- Always look out for the latest coupons. As mentioned earlier, these codes have an expiration date. So, using an up-to-date coupon is a must.
- Try to figure out which particular coupon will give you the maximum discount in absolute value. For example, if you are purchasing a hosting plan for say $8 a month for a period of 2 years, the total cost will be $192 for two years. A 10% discount on that price will help you save $19.2. However, if you are purchasing an SSL Certificate for say $75 a year for a period of 2 years and you are applying a coupon discount of 12%, you will save $18.0. In absolute terms, you are saving more from a discount on the hosting plan compared to SSL Certificate. Which one would you choose?
- Always check for coupons on GoDaddy affiliate sites or dedicated coupon sites (like this one). They happen to give exclusive and better coupon deals than GoDaddy’s official website.
- Watch out for holidays such as Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, July 4th These are the times when businesses increase their ad expenditures and want to lure more and more new customers. GoDaddy is not different. It also offers big discounts during those holidays.
- Go for coupons that are designed for long-term subscriptions. Long-term subscriptions come for reduced pricing by default, allowing you to save a lot. Top that up with a coupon to increase your savings.
GoDaddy offers coupons for which products?
Discount coupons for GoDaddy are available for almost all products they sell. Here is a quick list of products and services that are usually eligible for coupon discounts:
- Managed WordPress Hosting: In case you are wondering what this product really means, here is the answer: It is a shared hosting service in which the shared servers are optimized for running WordPress. WordPress is the most popular blogging platform in the world. It is extremely versatile and can its functionalities can be increased exponentially through various plugins. However, WordPress is resource intensive when used with many plugins at once. So, Managed WordPress Hostings are specially designed to ensure that WordPress sites run without running out of resources
- Web Hosting: There are various types available in this. You can opt for shared hosting, VPS, business hosting or even dedicated hosting depending on your needs. These servers are not specially designed for running WordPress but they do support WordPress installation. Any script and any blogging platform can be installed on these servers.
- Domain Registration: GoDaddy is one of the biggest ICANN-accredited domain registrars in the world. You can register your preferred domain name through them and enjoy discounts through coupons.
- SSL Certificate: This refers to a security certificate installed on your server’s root folder. This is the certificate that adds an extra ‘s’ after ‘http’ of your website URL, i.e., it converts ‘http’ to ‘https’. The extra ‘s’ actually means ‘secured’. An SSL certificate means that all the data between your server and the end user is encrypted. Google prefers https websites over http websites. So, you should buy a certificate for your website. Unfortunately, these certificates are extremely expensive. You can always save some bucks on their purchase simply by using a coupon code.
- Website Builder: There are certain tools that allow you to build a website from scratch without knowing anything about coding. It is a complete drag-and-drop feature. GoDaddy has its own website builder but it is not free. You need to purchase it but, you can always enjoy a discount on your purchase using a discount coupon.
- MS Office 365: Many web hosting companies offer Gooogle products like Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs etc. as a part of their hosting plan or as a separate product to be purchased separately. These can be integrated with your website to make it even more powerful. GoDaddy offers MS Office 365 (which includes Word, Excel, Outlook and more) instead of GSuite. Just like GSuite, Microsoft Office 365 can also be integrated with your website. You need to pay for this office suite. However, it is not cheap but you can save some money by applying coupons during your purchase.
- Email Marketing Tools: Email marketing is a standard marketing tool for all webmasters across the world. GoDaddy offers its own email marketing tool against a cost. It is pretty expensive but you can always grab a good deal using coupons.
- Emails: Do not confuse it with email marketing tools. Emails refer to email IDs that you can create with your domain. For instance, you have a domain called https://examplewebsite.com. You can create an email as email@example.com. This makes your company more authentic compared to when you use a third party email service such as Gmail or Yahoo Mail. Usually, web hosting companies offer this for free but in the case of GoDaddy, you need to purchase this. So, it is always a good choice to go for coupons and save.
Okay, now that we have learned about coupons from GoDaddy, it is high time we take a quick look into the products and services the company has to offer and the pricing range for such products.
Web Hosting Products of GoDaddy & Pricing
GoDaddy offers 5 different flavors of web hosting products. They are:
- Shared Hosting (They refer to this as Web Hosting)
- Business Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Dedicated Servers
Shared Hosting of GoDaddy
This is meant for small businesses. Shared hosting servers are powerful but since they host many websites, the resources are shared by each website. This means, that the resource available for your website will be limited. If you are about to launch a website or your website is very young, this type of hosting is for you.
There are four variants of shared hosting available with GoDaddy. They are:
- Starter Plan: Allows hosting only one website. Though bandwidth is unlimited, storage is limited at 30 GB. Email is not included in this plan.
- Economy Plan: Allows hosting only one website. Bandwidth is unlimited but storage is limited at 100 GB. Free Email for one year and a free domain is available with this plan.
- Deluxe Plan: Allows hosting unlimited sites with unlimited subdomains and unlimited storage space. It also includes free email for one year and a free domain.
- Ultimate Plan: This plan is designed for sites having heavy traffic. It comes with all features available in Deluxe Plan along with some additional features like free Premium DNS, free SSL certificate for the first year and twice the processing power offered by Deluxe Plan.
Here is the pricing chart for Shared Hosting plans from GoDaddy:
Business Hosting of GoDaddy
Business Hosting from GoDaddy is designed for websites that are big and require way more resources compared to small websites. These plans are basically suitable for eCommerce sites, extremely high traffic sites and sites that host photos, videos, and downloads.
If you go for this type hosting plan, you will get resources that will stay dedicated to your website only. It is pretty much like virtual private servers (VPS hosting) but with ultra-simple control. So, even a novice without any technical knowledge can use it.
There are four different plans available. The features and the pricing for the different plans are shown in the image below:
All plans under this type of hosting come with free Business Email Plus for the first year. You can later continue to use the email services by paying a price or you can stop using email services altogether.
WordPress Hosting of GoDaddy
As we mentioned earlier, WordPress Hosting is designed specifically for WordPress sites. GoDaddy offers SSD storage for this type of planning. In case you are not aware, SSD drives are way faster than Spinning Drives or HDDs. So yes, you can expect your WordPress site to be ultra fast.
Speed and WordPress-centric optimization definitely come at a higher price. GoDaddy has an ongoing sale for now but renewals will definitely be costly. There are four different plans available. Their features and their pricing are shown in the image below:
Irrespective of which plan you purchase, you will get the following services without spending an extra dime:
- Free themes and plugins – thousands of them are available.
- Free domain only when you go for an annual plan.
- Automatic updates for WordPress core files.
- Daily backups.
- 1-click backup restoration.
- 1-click migration tool.
- 99% uptime guarantee.
- Temporary domain name (in case you are taking some time to decide on a domain name).
- 1 business email free for the first year.
- 24×7 support.
VPS Hosting of GoDaddy
Most likely you will not go for this unless you know how to deal with servers or unless you have a technical expert who knows how to handle and maintain servers. VPS Hosting is pretty similar to GoDaddy’s Business Hosting except that you will get root access to your server. You can make changes to the server at your whim. You can install scripts, remove scripts, change parameters etc.
Basically, you will control the server and its performance. If something goes wrong, you have to fix it on your own or you can definitely as GoDaddy VPS support for that. If something goes wrong, GoDaddy support will usually rebuild the server from scratch (more like factory reset). In such a case, you will lose your data.
VPS servers are expensive and are meant for large sites that can afford their own technical team.
There are four different VPS plans available with GoDaddy. A snapshot of the available features and their corresponding pricing is given in the image below:
Dedicated Servers of GoDaddy
These are designed for large enterprises. All that GoDaddy will do is give you a dedicated server. All resources of the server will be at your disposal at any given point in time. They will come with certain basic configurations but rest, you need to do on your own or get a technical team.
But again, dedicated servers also come in managed and unmanaged flavors. Simply put, managed servers are those where GoDaddy will provide tech support. Unmanaged servers are those where you will need your own tech team.
Most likely you will not need it for your website but still, if you want to know the plans and pricing, take a look at the image below:
Other Products of GoDaddy
Other products and services offered by GoDaddy include:
- SSL Certificates: It has already been explained above. You need to purchase these certificates for your site. GoDaddy doesn’t collaborate with services like Let’s Encrypt to provide free SSL certificates. There are different pricing plans for different types of SSL certificates. You can always check out those plans and pricing options directly from here.
- Malware Scanning & Removal: Websites always remain vulnerable to malware infections. GoDaddy offers various plans for malware removal services with differential response times. Different plans and their relevant pricing can be found here at this link.
- Website Backup: Servers can crash without notice. What happens then? You lose your data. But, that won’t happen if you have a mirror copy of your website saved somewhere else. GoDaddy offers different backup plans with varied features. Click here to learn more about backup plans and pricing.
Online Marketing Features
GoDaddy offers various tools for SEO or Search Engine Optimization that will help you to get better ranks in Google Search. Tools include sitemap submission, keyword suggestions, rank tracking, etc. Apart from that, you can also get email marketing tools for a certain price. There are various plans and pricing options for email marketing that you can see in the image below:
Email and Office Features
We have already discussed this earlier. While most other hosting providers include business email in their hosting packages, GoDaddy doesn’t do that. You are supposed to pay for it. You can also purchase a fully-featured Microsoft Office suite against a monthly subscription. To see different plans and their corresponding price tags, follow this link.
Domain Registration Service
GoDaddy is the world’s largest ICANN-accredited domain registrar. You can register a domain of your choice through GoDaddy. A wide range of domain extensions is available for different prices. You can check out the various available domain extensions from here.